Or watch on YouTube
In this episode, Kristen speaks with Archduke Eduard Habsburg, Hungarian Ambassador to the Holy See, about his forthcoming book The Habsburg Way.
Eduard outlines seven rules for a holy and happy life, including:
- Get Married (and have lots of children)
- Be Catholic (and practice your faith)
- Believe in the Empire (and subsidiarity)
- Die Well (and have a memorable funeral!)
We discuss several noteworthy figures from his ancestry, and how each of these principles guided both their public and private lives.
- The recipe for a successful Catholic marriage
- The tensions between the Faith and diplomacy
- The differing Habsburg reactions to the Reformation and the Enlightenment, and how these affected the Church
- The principle of subsidiarity as the bedrock of governance
- How the United States and the Habsburg Empire are more alike than you think!
The Habsburg Way: Seven Rules for Turbulent Times is available for pre-order at Sophia Institute Press. It will be released on April 17.