Personally Identifiable Information means information about you that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to, your username, your name, phone number, email address and home and business postal addresses.
Information Collection and Use
- For Publishers and Advertisers, we use your Personally Identifiable Information mainly to provide the Services to you, as applicable, and to administer your inquiries. We may also use your Personally Identifiable Information to contact you with Catholic Exchange newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
- If you contact us by email through the Site, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, to respond to you.
- “Log Data” means information sent by your browser such as your computer’s IP address, pixel code, referring HTTP location, search string, time of the access, browser’s time, any searches made on the applicable website, and other statistics.
- When you visit Catholic Exchange, whether as a Publisher, Advertiser, or Visitor, our servers automatically record and collect Log Data sent by your browser. We use the Log Data to monitor and analyze the use of Catholic Exchange and the Services, for Catholic Exchange’s technical administration, to increase Catholic Exchange’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit Catholic Exchange again, it will recognize you and will be able to serve content, advertisements, and other information appropriate to your interests.
- We also collect Log Data each time you visit third-party websites serving content that has been tagged by Publishers or Advertisers with Catholic Exchange Code. We analyze such Log Data and combine it between sites and with other data and information to produce the Reports that are made available on Catholic Exchange, and to enable Catholic Exchange’s usage based licensing models. This combined data is also used by us and our partners to serve you content, advertisements, and other information tailored to your interests.
- We do not link Log Data to any other Personally Identifiable Information about you or otherwise attempt to discover your identity. We make efforts to require our Publishers and Advertisers to ensure that any such third party website post adequate privacy policies and otherwise protect the privacy rights of their visitors. Check the privacy policies of websites tagged with Catholic Exchange Code for information regarding the applicable privacy practices. Some of the advertisements that appear on Licensed Content may be delivered to you by third party Internet advertising companies. These companies utilize certain technologies to deliver advertisements and marketing messages and to collect non-personally identifiable information about your visit to or use of Catholic Exchange Services, including information about the ads they display, via a cookie placed on your computer that reads your IP address. To opt out of information collection by these companies, or to obtain information about the technologies they use or their own privacy policies, please email editor@CatholicExchange.com.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Log Data and Aggregate Information: We may share the following information with third parties, including, but not limited to, vendors that support the operation of our Services and entities involved in the delivery of advertisements: Log Data collected on both Catholic Exchange and third party websites tagged with Catholic Exchange Code (as described in the Log Data section above), as well as aggregated anonymized information resulting from the analysis of such Log Data for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, conducting industry, traffic and demographic analysis, and enabling web publishers to deliver to advertisers audience segments that are appropriate for their products or services.
Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform services related to administration of the Services (including, without limitation, maintenance, hosting and database management services, and administration). These third parties have access to your Personally Identifiable Information and Log Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement: Catholic Exchange cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We disclose Personally Identifiable Information and Log Data to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Catholic Exchange or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being illegal or legally actionable.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personally Identifiable Information in your settings, whether as a Publisher or Advertiser by logging into your account. If you want to delete your account, you may contact us by sending an email to editor@CatholicExchange.com. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. If you are a Publisher or Advertiser and you want to stop using our advertising platform, Clean Media, you must follow the instructions set forth in the Publisher Terms of Service Agreement or the Advertiser Terms of Service Agreement, as applicable.
If you are Publisher, Advertiser or if you visited a third party website in our exchange and you want us to delete any of your Personal Data, including Log Data, that we may have, or if you want to opt-out of being tracked in the future, or if you do not want us to share any such data with third parties, contact us via email at editor@CatholicExchange.com or in writing at Catholic Exchange, PO Box 5284, Manchester, NH 03108.
Our Policy Toward Children
Catholic Exchange does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personally Identifiable Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at editor@CatholicExchange.com. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with Personally Identifiable Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Catholic Exchange is concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ a variety of measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
Links to Other Sites
Catholic Exchange, including, but not limited to, the section where Reports are displayed, contains links to other websites. If you choose to click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from you. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the Personally Identifiable Information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Questions? Suggestions? Concerns? Email us at editor@CatholicExchange.com.