Its probably goes without saying that the past year has been difficult for most of us. We’ve had to endure a pandemic, rioting, a contentious election, and an economic crisis. Yet, we as Catholics have an incredible refuge and friend in one particular saint: St. Therese, or the Little Flower.
CE contributor and prolific author Suzie Andres joins Michael Lichens today to discuss how we can turn to St. Therese of Lisieux in our unusual times and how her intercession can bring healing to mind and body.
Other topics we discussed in this episode:
- How our angels and saints can bring relief to our suffering loved ones, even if we can’t be physically present.
- How saints like Charles Borromeo and Therese endured through a pandemic in faith.
- Learn about ancient Catholic practices of turning to God and His saints to turn away a plague.
- The importance of learning how to be “little” when we ask for graces and gifts.
- How St. Therese wanted her life to be imitable to all who would follow her little way
- The role of gratitude in pouring graces upon your life.
- The beautiful writings and inspiring life of Servant of God Marcel Van, and how his example can inspire us today.
- The personal appearances and intercessions that St. Therese has made throughout the years.
- The miracles and inspiration of Blessed Carlo Acutis.
- How the gaze of Mary can give us a sense of peace even in crisis.
Articles & Resources We Mentioned
- Check out Mrs. Andres’s website, SuzieAndres.com, where you can check out her latest (and free!) book Something New With St. Therese.
- Suzie Andres has also written, Being Catholic: What Every Catholic Should Know.
- Our previous interview with Suzie Andres, on Servant of God Marcel Van, can be found here on CE or on your favorite podcast app.
- Find the Padre Pio Prayer Group of Nashville online here.
- St. Conrad and the Wildfire by Maura Roan McKeegan.
- “Padre Pio & the Friendship of Guardian Angels in Times of Need” by Maura Roan McKeegan.