Longtime Catholic Exchange contributors and frequent podcast guests Fr. Edward Looney and Jeannie Ewing discuss Mrs Ewing’s much read article, “St. Joseph: Our Patron Saint of a Happy & Holy Death.” In this conversation, Jeannie discusses ways that St. Joseph’s example and support can help us to become better people in our faith, familial, and personal lives. Meanwhile, Fr. Edward gives his insights into the power of the saints in his life as a parish priest.
Listen below or find Catholic Exchange on Apple, Google, Spotify or wherever you love to listen to podcasts.
Other subjects we discussed:
- How St. Joseph can help you through the trials of grief and mourning.
- The humility we can learn from St. Joseph and how that will ultimately allow God to take control.
- The power of saintly intercession in helping you to grow in your struggles while conquering personal vices.
- What St. Joseph’s radical trust and obedience can show us in our modern day.
- How St. Joseph’s intercession can help us with our interior struggles.
Links, Books, & Resources
- Jeannie Ewing is the author of multiple books, including From Grief to Grace. You can find her on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Also check out her website, jeannieewing.com.
- Fr. Edward Looney recently joined us (listen here) to discuss his latest book, Meditations After Holy Communion. You can follow him on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram at the handle @FrEdwardLooney. His website is edwardlooney.com.
- If you want to hear more from Fr. Looney, check out his podcast, “How They Love Mary” on your favorite podcast app.
- You can find the Litany to St. Joseph here.