CatholicExchange.com chooses to operate an e-mail service for users of the Catholic Exchange web portal. Currently, Catholic Exchange will operate its e-mail service in a manner consistent with the goals of the portal. Catholic Exchange will, what it considers to the best of its abilities, endeavor to keep the contents of e-mail private. Catholic Exchange may choose to gather and disseminate aggregated information about the users of its portal including information about the users of the e-mail service. Catholic Exchange may chose at its discretion to share information with others according to the guidelines discussed below. Catholic Exchange may change the guidelines at any time. It should be noted that Catholic Exchange may elect to discontinue the e-mail service at any time.
Contents of User E-mail Communications.
User will be given username and password accounts. Users are responsible for keeping the passwords secret. For the convenience of the user Catholic Exchange may provide a Cookie to the user’s computer so that the user does not have to frequently re-type a password. If more than one person is going to use the same computer, it is recommended that the user close down his/her browser after each use. Catholic Exchange will not purposely distribute the contents of email to third parties unless it believes it is required to do so by law. Catholic Exchange will endeavor to not view, or read a persons e-mail unless: 1, it believes it is required to do so by law; or 2, when necessary to protect its rights or the rights and/or safety of others.
In order to participate in the e-mail Service or other Catholic Exchange services users are required to disclose some personal and demographic information. User agrees to provide accurate and truthful information. Catholic Exchange will use the information as follows: 1, To facilitate the operation of Catholic Exchange e-mail and other services; 2, to enable Catholic Exchange to send the user information about Catholic Exchange and its services; and 3, to disclose aggregated user information to third parties who may use the information to provide suitable advertising and other material to Catholic Exchange users. No user will be contacted directly by a third party unless the user requests promotional material from a third party. If the user requests promotional material from a third party, Catholic Exchange can not be and is not responsible for how the third party uses the information and Catholic Exchange can not be responsible for the content of the information sent by the third party. Children under 15 (“Child” or “Children”) may sign up for and receive Catholic Exchange service only with the consent of their parents or guardians. The parent or guardian is responsible for the conduct of his/her children. Additionally, Children may not sign up for promotional material without the consent of his/her/their parents or guardians. If a user wishes to terminate his/her Catholic Exchange e-mail account or other Catholic Exchange service he/she should contact webmaster@CatholicExchange.com and request the termination of his/her account. At which time Catholic Exchange will use what it considers to be its best efforts to remove the user’s registration information from the database of information they may share with third parties.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS This page provides for the terms by which may use this site. Catholic Exchange agrees to provide some or all of its services to you, at Catholic Exchange’s discretion, subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Service (“TCS”), which will be updated by Catholic Exchange from time to time. By using this web service you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions stated here. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you are free to not use this web service. If any terms, conditions, guidelines and/or rules are posted any where else in Catholic Exchange web portal they are hereby incorporated into this TCS. Finally, Catholic Exchange’s retains the right to choose to withhold the use of any or all of its services or content from anyone or any organization at any time. Catholic Exchange does not waive its right to elect withhold its service or content no matter how long a person or organization has been granted access to Catholic Exchange’s content and/or services. Parts of our service including the auctioning and bartering services are only available to persons who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. In addition to the foregoing the services involving auctioning and/or bartering are not available to minors. Catholic Exchange reserves the right to suspend or withhold any person or entities privilege of using the service. The links on our web service are provided for your convenience
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE Catholic Exchange currently provides abundant on-line resources, including communications systems, online forums, chat rooms, religious studies, shopping and bartering services, and a variety of other content and services hereinafter called “Service”. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new Catholic Exchange service and/or content shall be subject to the TCS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided “AS-IS” and that Catholic Exchange assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You are agreeing that in exchange for the privilege of using and/or viewing Catholic Exchange and its Service, you will not seek damages and/or equitable remedies against Catholic Exchange or any of its entities, shareholders, and/or agents, by law suit, arbitration, mediation or any other process. In addition to the foregoing there are additional terms and conditions applicable to the bartering and auctioning facilities of Catholic Exchange.
You agree that you are responsible for all web access fees and that you are responsible for purchasing all equipment necessary for you to gain web access. You also agree that you will download only one copy of the material and that you will use the material solely for you personal non-commercial use. If churches or any other organizations wish to use the material provided by Catholic Exchange that must seek and receive specific written authorization from Catholic Exchange. Catholic Exchange must impose these conditions, as some of the material on the site is made available to user for very limited purposes by third parties.
The contents of this web service are protected under United States and International copyright law. All material is the intellectual property of the company or its partners and content suppliers. You should be aware that copyright law also protects the way Catholic Exchange arranges, compiles, and distributes the information on its web-service. Without specific written information from Catholic Exchange you may not copy, reproduce, display or distribute any of the material provided by the web-service. You may not change or manipulate the code, HTML or other, Catholic Exchange uses in providing its web service.
3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to: (a) provide current, accurate, and full information about yourself as requested by the Service’s registration forms. You must also update your information as it changes. While Catholic Exchange may withhold use of its services from anyone for any reason, Catholic Exchange will terminate your use of the service if it suspects you have provided inaccurate information. You may review our policy regarding privacy.
Users are prohibited from attempting to compromise or violate the proper functioning of the web-service whether by attempting to corrupt its code, network security, email services. Users may not attempt to overload the network or send mass mailings. User may not log in as other individuals or send messages to other members that are not in accordance the rules of the web service or in accord with common decency. User shall not distribute viruses via any part or channel of the service. Chain letters and solicitations for pyramid schemes and multilevel marketing plains are not allowed. The web service must be used for lawful purposes only.
5. MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY For some of Catholic Exchange’s services you may receive a specific account and password. You will be responsible for keeping your password a secret. Catholic Exchange will not be responsible for any damages caused by the unauthorized use of your account. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account and password. You agree to immediately notify Catholic Exchange if any unauthorized activity takes place in your account. You agree that you and only you will use your account.
6. MEMBER CONDUCT You understand that the users are responsible for the information and materials submitted or received to/from the web service. You agree you will not submit copyrighted material unless you are the copyright owner and by your conduct granting to Catholic Exchange a royalty free, perpetual non-exclusive and irrevocably license to use, publish, sub-license, adapt, change modify and distribute your submitted material. You understand that by its nature technology changes quickly and at times Catholic Exchange controls and its staff will be overtaxed therefore Catholic Exchange can not be responsible to control all of the content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Catholic Exchange be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Service. The company is not responsible for monitoring or screening the material posted by users although it will to what it considers to be the best of its ability ban material it considers to be offensive to the mission of the web service. With respect to monitoring materials on it service Catholic Exchange will comply with what it believes to be its legal duties and preserve its web service, protect its property and the property of others. You also agree to not export data in violation of United States law.
7. PUBLIC CONTENT POSTED TO Catholic Exchange Any and all content you submit or post to the Service or any of its areas of public access you grant Catholic Exchange the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
8. INDEMNITY You agree to indemnify and hold Catholic Exchange, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including attorneys’ fees, made by any one arising out of content you submit, or transmit through the Service, your use of the service, your connection to the service, your violation of the TCS, or your violation of any rights of another.
9. GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE You acknowledge that Catholic Exchange may in its discretion limit the facilities of the service to any individual and that it is not responsible for transmitting abnormally large email, or any other type of message. Catholic Exchange also has the right to limit the amount of information it will store or transmit to any user whether the transmission takes place via email, facsimile or other manner. Catholic Exchange is not responsible for partial loss or full loss of the data whether the data is in storage or via some form of transmission. Catholic Exchange will delete data in a user e3mail service after it has been stored for a limited amount of time. You further acknowledge that Catholic Exchange may change its practices regarding storage and transmission of data at any time without notice. This right to change effects e3mail and any other service.
10. WARRANTIES AND LAWS
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: Catholic Exchange makes no claim that any of the material available through the service may be viewed outside the United States of America. If it is a violation of your country’s laws please do not view the site. Catholic Exchange and any its agents or partners, employees, and/or officers shall not be responsible for any damages, punitive or otherwise as a result of any interaction you have had with the service or the internet. Catholic Exchange makes no representations regarding the trustworthiness or credibility of any of the parties participating in the service. Your participation is on a buyer or user beware basis. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the internal laws of California without respect to its conflicts of laws provisions. You agree that even if it is contrary to a particular law or statute in your area, you must file all claims against Catholic Exchange within one year of the commencement of the first instance of the action or inaction giving rise to your claim or forever be barred. The user agrees that the Jurisdiction of any claims whether fraudulent, or otherwise will lie exclusively in the state and federal courts of San Diego, California. No terms of this TCS may be changed by any party in less it is written, signed and dated by you and an officer of Catholic Exchange. This agreement is the entire agreement and supercedes any previous agreement of the parties. The headings in this TCS have no legal effect. You agree that under any and all circumstances your damages against Catholic Exchange will be limited to not more than $20.00 per person in any year and no more than $1000.00 per class in any year no more than $2000.00 in aggregate for any damages in any year. Additionally, in any action for fees costs and attorney fees Catholic Exchange and its agents and affiliates will have no more than $200.00 for attorneys fees and/or costs.
Links to or information on non-Catholic organizations found at this site are provided solely as a service to our users. The links do not constitute an endorsement of these organizations or their programs by Catholic Exchange, and none should be inferred. Catholic Exchange is not responsible for the content of the organization’s webpages found at these links.
Catholic Exchange – Legal Information
Catholic Exchange, the Catholic Exchange logo, Catholic Exchange in Chinese Characters, the design, the My Catholic Exchange, and Catholic Exchange trademarks and service marks, and other Catholic Exchange logos and product and service names are trademarks of Catholic Exchange Inc. (the “Catholic Exchange Marks”). Without Catholic Exchange’s prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, the Catholic Exchange Marks. Catholic Exchange respects the intellectual property of others in considers it vital to the continued productivity enhancing nature of the web. We do not support the unauthorized use of others intellectual property. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please request a copyright claim investigation form from Catholic Exchange’s Copyright Agent at info@CatholicExchange.com and leave a description of who you are, where you can be contacted, your email, and your physical address. Please explain the substance of your claim including:
a detailed description of the copyrighted work;
a description of the owner;
your relation to the owner, and a copy of a written authorization for your to represent the owner;
where the violation has taken place;
details of who you believe is the infringer;
a statement by you made under penalty of perjury that the information you are submitting is correct.