A group of homosexuals headed by Gens Hellquist, director of the Canadian Rainbow Health Coalition, has filed a complaint with the Canadian Human Rights Commission (CHRC), in which they detail the numerous statistics that prove the high-risk nature of the homosexual lifestyle.
The group claims that Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada discriminate against the country’s homosexuals by not providing “equitable levels of programming supports based on needs when compared with programming supports from the general population and other minority populations.”
The group supports their complaint by claiming that the Canadian health system does not allocate specific funding to deal with “those health issues where gay, lesbian and bisexual (GLB) communities are disproportionately affected” and argues that this is a form of prohibited discrimination based on “homophobia.”
Statistical evidence is then proffered, in the group’s 10 page complaint to the CHRC, of the health issues which “disproportionately affect” the homosexual community, including:
- The life expectancy for gay and bisexual men is 20 years less than the average Canadian man;
- GLB people commit suicide at rates ranging from twice as often to almost 14 times more than the general population;
- GLBs have smoking rates ranging from 1.3 to three times higher than average;
- GLBs become alcoholics at a rate 1.4 to seven times higher than the general population;
- GLBs use illicit drugs at a rate from 1.6 to 19 times higher than other Canadians;
-GLBs experience depression at rates ranging from 1.8 to three times higher than average;
- Homosexual men comprise 76% of AIDS cases and 45% of all new HIV infections;
- GLB populations are at a higher risk of lung and liver cancer;
- Homosexual and bisexual men suffer a higher rate of anal cancer than heterosexual men;
- Lesbians report a higher rate of breast cancer;
- GLBs experience verbal and physical abuse at a greater rate than most Canadians.
Similar statistics have been mentioned numerous times in LifeSiteNews reports on the serious negative health consequences of homosexuality.
Read related LSN articles:
Study: Homosexual Lifestyle Strongly Linked to Depression, Suicide
Study: HIV-positive Practicing Homosexual Men 9000% More Likely to Develop Anal Cancer
Physician Says Science of Medical Consequences of Homosexual Behaviour is Being Trumped by Political Agenda