Our spiritual life relies heavily on forming a habit of prayer, but we often struggle at finding the time and ability to truly pray. Today on the CE Podcast, spiritual author and retreat leader Kathleen Beckman offers her insight on how we can enrich our spiritual lives through prayer.
Recently, Kathleen invited ten other Catholic women to share their experience and insight on how to pray in a way that strengthens your faith and begins to heal all wounds. Kathleen distills much of this wisdom in today’s podcast, but you can learn more in the book When Women Pray.
In this episode we also explore:
- How prayer and contemplation can be the foundation for an active faith life.
- How a daily prayer can increase love and patience.
- The prayers of the heart that are pleasing to the Lord.
- How prayer can be healing for those who are suffering.
- How women can help the church by praying for priests and adopting a priest in spiritual motherhood.
- The power of gratitude in spiritual warfare.
Kathleen Beckman, L.H.S., is the Co-founder and President of the Foundation of Prayer for Priests, an organization dedicated to praying for priests while fostering vocations. You can also follow her articles, media appearances, and talks at KathleenBeckman.com.
When Women Pray: Eleven Catholic Women on the Power of Prayer is available from Sophia Institute Press. You can also preview the book in these articles:
- “When Women Pray: Satisfying Love’s Longing” by Kathleen Beckman.
- “The Sigh of the Heart” by Ronda Chervin, Ph.D.
- “The Transforming Power of Prayer” by Johnnette Benkovic.