If you need to figure out how to be truly happy, you can’t get a better guide than St. Thomas Aquinas. In today’s episode, Michael welcomes Dr. Kevin Vost to discuss what the Angelic Doctor taught about the good life.
While Thomas wrote thousands of pages on theology, philosophy, and many other topics, he also thought and wrote much on what it means to be happy. Dr. Vost combines his study of psychology and Aquinas to answer that and many more questions.
Other topics we discussed include:
- The psychological wisdom of St. Thomas Aquinas.
- Why you should head to Mass on Sunday instead of just the woods.
- What role the angels play in our pursuit of happiness.
- The role of sloth in keeping us from the good life.
- How holiness and sainthood are the true paths to finding a good life—both in our earthly and heavenly lives.
Check out our links below:
- 12 Life Lessons from St. Thomas Aquinas is Dr. Vost’s latest book, which covers much more than we could. http://bit.ly/VostPod
- Check out Dr. Vost’s website at http://drvost.com/
- Dr. Vost is a long-time friend of Catholic Exchange. You can find his articles at podcasts here: https://catholicexchange.com/author/kevin-vost