Mother’s Day is May 8 in the U.S., so my wife, Laura, graciously put together a gift list for all those devoted husbands who have no idea what to get the wives and mothers in their lives. – Sam
We women know that we can be hard to buy for. But don’t worry, showing the mothers in your life that you appreciate them need not be overly complicated. To simplify things, I decided to put together a list of helpful gift ideas. Some of these things are more expensive, while some are cheaper and others will cost nothing but your time and a little creativity.
As a mom of 3 children under the age of 4, I have truly come to appreciate my mother much more. Being a mom to my beautiful children is the greatest gift, but motherhood can also very hard some days. It’s nice to know I’m appreciated by those I love. So without further ado, here is my list of top gift ideas for the moms in your life.
- Young Living Starter Kit – I recently became interested in essential oils, and Sam got me the Young Living Starter Kit for Christmas last year. I have used it so much already, and I have only had it for a few months. The Premium Starter Kit comes with a total of 11 bottles of essential oils plus your choice of a diffuser and some samples! See instructions at the end of this post for how to order the starter kit.
- Blendtec or Vitamix Blender – I have a Blendtec blender and we use it every day. It’s nice to have a high quality blender if you frequently use one for making things like smoothies. I recommend this Blendtec or this Vitamix.
- Kindle – Sam bought me a Kindle a couple of years ago and I love it. I didn’t think I would use it much initially, but I use it all the time. It’s so nice to be able to download a book and have it arrive instantly. It’s especially handy for reading when I am nursing a baby to sleep and need to keep the lights dim. Amazon Kindle
- Adult Coloring Books – I was coloring with my kids for weeks before Sam told me adult coloring books are popular right now. They are fun and coloring is suprisingly great for de-stressing. I recommend this one.
- Massage or Spa Gift Card – What woman would say no to a relaxing massage, or a day of pampering at the spa? You can’t go wrong with this gift.
- Meal Planner Subscription – One of the hardest jobs for a busy mom is coming up with delicious and healthy meals. A subscription to a meal planner like Real Plans can be a big help.
- Natural Candle – Beeswax or soy candles are healthy and relaxing. We recommend shopping on Etsy for some good options. We are pleased with the one we got from Tiger Mountain Farms.
- Jewelry – Moms like to feel pretty, and some nice jewelry is always appreciated. Pearls are always a good choice.
- A House Cleaning Service – It’s always nice to have a break from housework. Hiring a house cleaning service can go a long way toward helping a stressed out mom.
- Grocery Delivery – Grocery shopping can be tiring, especially with young kids in tow. A gift card to PeaPod or anther grocery delivery service will be appreciated.
- Flowers – Flowers can brighten your wife’s day and beautify the home. I recommend Farm Girl Flowers. They are USA grown, arrive fresh the next day, and they are really beautiful.
- What I Love About Mom Gift Book – This book tells the mom in your life how much you love her. Have the kids fill it out for an extra special gift.
- A Catholic Daily Planner – There’s no substitute for a good day planner, and I love being able to see the liturgical calendar and Scripture readings along with my daily tasks and to dos. I have tried several and really like this one.
- Breakfast in Bed – Or just breakfast that mom doesn’t have to cook! It’s a treat she’ll appreciate.
- Homemade card – Or store bought with a nice hand written note inside. Go for unique and write something heartfelt.
Most importantly, tell mom how much you love and appreciate her! Moms can’t hear that enough. We hope you have wonderful Mother’s Day!
To order the Young Living Starter Kit:
- Go to youngliving.com
- Click on United States (or your country if you live outside the U.S.)
- Click on Virtual Office then Become a member.
- When it says who introduced you, check the first circle and put 3419302 in both spots.
- Fill out form
- For tax info, click the top circle that says individual. They will ask for your social security number only because it is a federal law. They will only use it for tax purposes if you ever decide to sell products.
- Check that you have read terms and agreements.
- Select premium starter kit
- You can click on checkout or continue shopping.
Disclosure: I am an independent distributor with Young Living, so I receive a commission when orders are made through me. I am only sharing this information because I love and use these oils.
*Some of the links are affiliate links which means we will make a small profit if you purchase something.This article is reprinted with permission from our friends at The Catholic Gentleman.