While we begin to wonder what our Post-COVID world may look like, now is a perfect time to acquire new and lasting habits for holiness. If you’re not sure where to start making these habits, Fr. Mark-Mary Ames, CFR brings 800 years of the Franciscan tradition within the reach of laity.
Today’s episode of the CE Podcast discusses how we can take the first step to grow closer to sainthood in your daily life. Michael and Fr. Mark-Mary discuss the ways you can add a few minutes of prayer and contemplation each day and (more importantly) make those habits stick. Stream our conversation below or find Catholic Exchange on your favorite podcast app.
Resources and topics we discuss today
- Habits for Holiness: Small Steps for Making Big Spiritual Progress by Fr. Mark-Mary Ames, CFR is available through Ascension Press or your favorite bookseller.
- How the Franciscan 3×5 Examen can be enrich your spiritual life right now.
- The importance of intentionality and contentment in your daily spiritual life.
- How working with the poor and downtrodden can bring you closer to Christ.
- Why discipleship is best done with a community or family.
- Ways to show charity and love to those around you, even if you find yourself in social isolation.
- Finally, check out the Franciscan Friars for the Renewal to learn more about the Franciscan spiritual tradition.