One warm summer night, I sat with a group of Catholic friends inside a local pub. The low light shone dimly on the wood paneled walls, the air thick with the roar of conversation. “A toast to the kingdom,” one of said as we clinked our frothy pint glasses, filled to the brim with various ales and porters. “And to our Lady,” another added enthusiastically.
For the next several hours, we laughed and argued, discussed and pondered. We talked about our jobs. Our families. Our dreams. And most of all, our faith.
As we left to go our separate ways, we parted as brothers—strengthened, encouraged, and proud to be Catholic.
A Band of Brothers
There are few things as enjoyable or encouraging as this kind of faith-filled camaraderie with other Catholic men. Just being together, arguing about big ideas, smoking and drinking, having a good time—all unified in a common bond of faith.
Brotherhood. We need it. We thrive on it. And truth be told, most of us don’t have it.
I want to change that. Today, I am announcing a new society for men that seeks to provide the community and camaraderie. I’m calling it Fraternitas. I’m launching Fraternitas because now, more than ever, we need to be a unified in faith, a band of brothers marching shoulder to shoulder to the kingdom of heaven.
How it Works
What is Fraternitas you ask? First and foremost, Fraternitas is a place exclusively for men. Here’s how it works:
- Book of the Month: Each month you’ll receive a high quality, hand-picked Catholic book from an trusted publisher. These books will be about things like leadership, family, virtue, spiritual growth, prayer, and much more.
- Discussion Forums: You will get access to exclusive discussion forums where you can meet other Catholic gentlemen from around the world. Think of it as an online pub.
- Exclusive Webinars: We’ll feature a live webinar each month where you’ll learn new skills and get to interact with Catholic leaders. It’ll be a lot of fun.
- The Gentleman’s List: It’s a monthly newsletter featuring worthy apostolates, finely crafted products, Catholic resources, and more.
- Local Chapters: Online communities are great, but there’s nothing like meeting in person. As a member of Fraternitas, you’ll have the opportunity to start a local chapter in your area. You can talk about the book of the month using provided discussion questions, or just have a beer with other Catholic men.
- Discounts and Early Access: You’ll be the first to know about upcoming Catholic Gentleman products. And you’ll get a special member discount.
- Mass Said for Your Intentions: There’s no prayer more powerful than the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Each month, a priest will say Mass for your intentions.
There’s more, but I’ll be sharing more details as the date approaches.
How You Can Join
I’m launching Fraternitas on June 27, the feast of Our Lady of Perpetual help. At the start, membership will be limited. Readers who are subscribed to my e-mail list will be given the first opportunity to sign up. That’s 2,203 of you.
If you haven’t registered for my e-mail list, sign up using the form below to make sure you’ll be eligible when registration opens.
Stay tuned. I look forward to sharing more about Fraternitas in the days ahead.The Catholic Gentleman.