I know when Claudette is about to give me bad news.
She has that unmistakable look on her face.
I sat back, waiting on the worst.
“Catholic Exchange couldn’t cover expenses again this month,” she said.
Just six weeks ago, I resolved to not cut back on content. In fact, I am committed to investing even more in developing resources that offer our readers practical ways to integrate the Catholic Faith and the liturgy into their lives.
We need to raise $5,000 each month to continue offering the reliably Catholic news and commentary, prayers and meditations, and inspiring videos you see on Catholic Exchange each day. If I can’t raise this amount, then I will be forced to reduce content at a time when our society desperately needs the saving message of Christ and His Church.
I’m asking you to make a donation NOT so we can cover our costs. I’m asking you to help us expand so we can do even more to promote and defend the teachings of the Church, all while developing resources that will help you in your pursuit of holiness.
If Catholic Exchange can raise $25,000 in the next week, we will launch a major expansion in content over the next four months. Here’s what we’ll do with your help . . .
- Offer even more original articles that report world news from a Catholic perspective. We’ll not only share with you what’s happening–we will tell you the Church’s response!
- Expand our series of deeply informative articles exploring the roots of Christianity, Church doctrine, and the Church’s critical role in world civilization.
- We’ll collect scores of resources that will help you make better confessions . . . get more out of Holy Communion . . . pray better . . . find God’s will . . . and so much more.
- Produce substantive resources for parents so they can learn tips for helping kids behave during Mass . . . ways of integrating the Rosary and prayers into family life . . . how the saints recommend disciplining children . . . and countless other tips for raising good and holy children.
- We’ll collect time-tested advice from saints and spiritual leaders to help poor souls who are stuggling to overcome sins such as addiction to drugs . . . pornography . . . same-sex attraction . . . impatience . . . greed . . . sloth . . . and more.
We can get to work on all these exciting new projects tomorrow, but it requires your generous financial support.
Will you visit our secure page and make a donation to Catholic Exchange today? Will you donate $10, $25, $50, $75, $100, $250, $500, or even $1,000 or $5,000 today?
And when you make your donation, will you consider becoming a monthly contributor by choosing that option on the second line of our donation form? Regular, ongoing support provides us with the stability needed to advance our online ministry.
At Catholic Exchange, we view Catholicism as a worldview, not just a set of religious practices. Politics, business, family life, and culture cannot be properly understood apart from faith. Instead, they are brought to their proper perfection when illuminated by the fullness of Catholic truth.
This is precisely what we are trying to do at Catholic Exchange. But we cannot do this alone. We need your help—and we need it today.
Please make your tax-deductible donation today—and please be as generous as you possibly can.
Yours in Christ,
Charlie McKinney, President