Swelling crime rates and a parallel growth in suicide show the dark side of Sweden’s experiment with social liberalism.
Despite the country’s status among social liberals as the ultimate model for successfully breaking the shackles of “moral restrictions” on a modern nation, it is becoming more difficult to ignore the accelerating degeneration of Swedish society.
Stephen Crampton, Chief Counsel of the American Family Association Center for Law and Policy (CLP), compiled information on crime rates and social breakdown in Sweden from a Swedish media source, in an article recently published on the AFA website.
Below are some of the facts he compiled:
• There is more crime in Sweden than in New York City, though they are comparable in population.
• Drug abuse is rampant, with the number of deaths from overdoses having doubled in the past 10 years.
• Sweden has one of the highest incidences of rape in the world.
• Burglaries are so numerous that many citizens have stopped reporting them, because the police are overloaded and cannot undertake to investigate them all anyway.
• Attacks on money transports (highway robbery) are so frequent that the transporters are threatening to quit, thereby effectively closing ATM’s all over the country.
• Violent outdoor muggings are becoming routine, having increased 15% last year alone.
• In Stockholm, the police recently admitted having lied when they claimed to have neutralized some 130 of the city’s most prominent gangsters; in reality, their sting operation was a bust.
• Swedish courts are plagued with perjurious police officers who routinely lie to support fellow cops in trouble.
(This article courtesy of LifeSiteNews.com.)