Be advised: This post is not about the true meaning of Easter.
Why yes, we are still in the octave of Easter, and yes, there is a way to celebrate using those three-day old Peeps. It’s called [drumroll, bated breath, etc.] Peep Jousting.
Things you need: Peeps, toothpicks, paper plates, a microwave.
- Choose two of the hardiest Peeps.
- Give them each a toothpick.
- Set them on a paper plate facing one another.
- Put them in the microwave to duke it out for 15 seconds or so.
- Watch them expand. Cheer them on.
- The first Peep to poke and deflate the other Peep is victorious.
- Will Peep Jousting harm my microwave? It’ll destroy your microwave. But only if you leave the Peeps in too long and let them explode.
- Were Peeps harmed in the making of this post? Absolutely.
- Is your willingness to create a Peep Jousting blog post one of the reasons you’re still single? Indubitably.