Human Life International seeks a highly organized and motivated contract Grant Writer to oversee all aspects of researching, identifying, soliciting, and stewardship of foundations supporting HLI's mission. Responsibilities include proposal writing for new and recurring grants, prospect research, and coordination of stewardship activities. The grant writer will work directly with the President and Development Director.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3-5 years experience in grant writing which includes research and development of new target foundations.
- Proven track record of success.
- In-depth knowledge of the application process.
- Experience writing grants targeting Catholic foundations a plus.
- Superior writing, proofreading, communication and research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Office required.
- CFRE a plus.
- Identification and research potential grant sources.
- Conceptualize, write and edit creative, high quality grant proposals, tailored to the interests of individual foundations.
- Prepare and manage timeline for grant proposals ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Manage and track grant proposals to ensure there is no redundancy and that relevant information is communicated.
- Develop, implement and sustain stewardship strategies as it pertains to grantors.
- Interface with President and Development Director.
- Monitor and report progress toward achievement of goals throughout the year.
- Insure that all data on foundations is communicated to the Development Director on a timely and accurate basis.
Human Life International, Inc. is the world's largest non-profit, pro-life international human rights organization. HLI's mission is to promote and defend the sanctity of human life and family around the world through prayer, service, and education.
This is a contract position, compensation commensurate with education and experience. To apply, send resume and cover letter with list of references to:
Human Life International
Attn: Executive Vice President
4 Family Life Lane
Front Royal, VA 22630